Share your ortho-opinion and other stories on this AAOS sponsored site - www.ANationInMotion.org
Codes all outpatient records and other types of encounters as requested using coding guidelines and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Codes and abstracts all outpatient records including emergency room and ambulatory surgery visits using
standard ICD-9-CM and CPT coding guidelines.
2. Reviews E/M levels for appropriateness.
3. Enters proper ER, OBS, and MTR charges.
4. Retrieves records as needed for coding review.
5. All other duties as assigned.