The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
The Medical Surgical - Ortho department at Banner University Medical Center-Phoenix see a variety of patients ranging from medical, surgical, orthopedic, bowel and trauma surgical patient population. As a Patient Service Assistant you are involved first-hand in providing care that improves patient experience through your interactions and engagement with patients and families. Teamwork is STRONG in this department, and support to be your best self is great. Patient Service Assistant support both patients and staff through their work and provide a welcoming environment to those whose care we provide. Schedule - full-time evening shift from 2pm - 10:30pm 5 evenings/week! Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for a variety of administrative support functions and provides an exceptional customer service experience in patient care areas in order to promote an organized, efficient delivery of care and service to patients, family members, visitors, and staff. The position facilitates communication between members of the care delivery teams, acts as a liaison with internal and external contacts, and ensures appropriate communication tools are updated and provided to the patient.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs receptionist/clerical duties to welcome visitors and patients. Participates in the resolution of customer issues and concerns, assists in managing patient belongings, supports family and visitors in the waiting room and collects necessary data and follows through the appropriate person for problem resolution. Supports overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department.
2. Maintains a current and appropriate awareness of patient admissions and discharges to support a smooth transition. Performs complete environmental checks through the day, provides room orientation, removes clutter, ensures equipment and supplies are stocked, clean, and ready for use. Reports and tracks all equipment, reports repairs, and ensures replacement equipment is available. Tracks and trends issues and reports areas of concern. Ensures an appropriate inventory of patient education materials are on hand.
3. Follows up on patient and family inquiries regarding scheduled tests, discharge, following up with the appropriate discipline/department to obtain updates. Partners with appropriate caregiver/department and communicates with patient as appropriate.
4. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery.
5. Observes and enforces Quiet Time on the unit.
6. Assists department with quality and safety projects.
7. This position works under local supervision. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with other Service Coordinators and other staff at all levels throughout the facility. Customers are patients, families, physicians, unit staff, case managers, caregivers, and medical records staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
BLS is required within 60 days of hire
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 1 year of customer service experience; preferably in a hospital or physician office setting. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Demonstrate responsiveness, anticipate needs, taking initiative, good follow through and follow up, ability to multi-task. Must demonstrate compassion, caring, and ability to establish trust.
Computer literacy is required
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Working knowledge of medical terminology
Additional related education and/or experience preferred
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.