Mammography Technologist- Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Emergency Services, Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 1000 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
32 hours/ week; could change to Full Time in future
Must be willing to work at Texas Health Mansfield in Mansfield, TX AND Texas Health Huguley in Burleson, TX
What You Will Need:
Judgments must be made on a regular basis regarding exam protocols and imaging techniques, based upon patient condition and provisional diagnosis
Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
One-year of Radiology experience
Basic Life Support (BLS)
High School Diploma or Equivalency
Associates Degree preferred
Texas Medical Board license in Radiography
American Registry of Radiologic Technologist Radiology (ARRT) (R) OR American Registry Radiologic Technologist Mammography (ARRT) (R) (M)
Performs Mammographic imaging procedures. Assists Radiologist in performance of Biopsies and other procedures. Performs X-Ray and DEXA imaging procedures as needed. Positions, moves, and assists patients. Obtains patient’s history. Performs clerical duties. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
You Will Be Responsible For:
Routinely examines requisitions, patient reports and previous films. If available, prior to mammographic examinations, for awareness of information such as: procedure requested, patient’s condition, patient history, and any other special notes or comments
• Performs X-Ray and DEXA imaging procedures as needed
• Demonstrates competency in the selection of proper positioning and technical factors in digital mammography to demonstrate appropriate anatomical structures and possible corresponding pathology
• Uses accepted ACR/MQSA and departmental standards of positioning and image quality of mammograms
• Knows ACR QA/QC manual and demonstrates ability to perform these tests regularly as required
• Knows MQSA Quality Standards for Mammographers and maintains education units as required. By MQSA. State License, And ARRT
• Accurately documents all procedures and patient’s clinical history that is pertinent to the mammographic examination
• Regularly practices aseptic techniques as necessary; after each patient, always keeps equipment clean and disinfected according to manufacturer’s standards; maintains orderliness in area of responsibility
• Practices sterile technique as necessary, when assisting Radiologist during stereotactic biopsies
• Always demonstrates an awareness of radiation safety procedures for self and others by using radiation safety devices according to government and departmental policy
• Regularly checks equipment, accessories, and supplies; keep area stocked at all times.
• Maintains patient’s confidentiality and demonstrates respect for patient’s modesty at all times
• Knows and maintains institutional policies regarding patient care, fire, safety, and infection control
• Demonstrates competency in all procedures within the scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of patients served (adult, geriatric) and maintains knowledge of the development and an understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.