Cert Surgical First Assist Full Time Days 3X12 Wesley Chapel
Location: Wesley Chapel, Florida
Internal Number: 21028505
Certified First Assistant AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address:2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Possible Sign-On Bonus up to $10,000
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
Full Time Days 3x12. 30 Minute Call Required to include weekends and rotating holidays.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Utilizes physician preference cards to set up operating suites. May update and route cards appropriately, when instructed
· Determines appropriate surgical equipment and supplies, based on physician’s preference
· Achieves temporary and permanent hemostasis by applying appropriate techniques
· Assists with body plane closures, wound dressing applications, and securing drainage systems
· Position’s patients appropriately, uses stabilizing equipment when necessary, and prioritizes patient comfort and safety
· Provides visualization for operative sites by applying appropriate methods, which includes tissue manipulation, retraction, sponging, suction, and irrigation
· Assists team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times in an efficient and organized manner
· Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical environment
· Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability prepare surgical suites with appropriate instruments, resources, and supplies based on surgeon preference cards
· Strong physician/surgeon relationship skills and team mentality
· Up-to-date knowledge of patient rights and ability to respect cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values
· Up-to-date knowledge of applicable regulatory, compliance, and accreditation standards and requirements
· Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with patients and their family, hospital staff, nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Two years of technical experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Certified Surgical Technologist First Assist
· Current certification by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) as a Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA), or through the National Surgical Association as a Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA)
· American Board of Surgical Assistants (ABSA)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
· Conducts themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.