Your Role: The Administrative Assistant for pediatric radiology provides administrative support of an area's activities with occasional guidance. Responds to customer needs by consulting with others as appropriate or by following established guidelines. Organizes flow of daily operations to ensures service priorities are met.
Performs a variety of administrative support which may include scheduling, booking travel, expense processing and purchasing.
Compiles, coordinate and assist in the collection, processing and submission of data.
Prepares reports and other documentation as requested by area.
Creates and maintains accurate documents and records.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt is the only Comprehensive Regional referral center dedicated to caring for neonatal to pediatric patients in Middle TN. Our family centered care approach to care for children is continuing to grow throughout the region and is expanding to a community near you. Our mission is to care for children and their families in their community with excellent quality and great customer service that they would receive at our main campus. As the middle TN region has continued to grow, we are growing with them. MCJCHV's most recent clinic facility in Rutherford County will bring comprehensive surgical services to the region with surgical and radiology capabilities as well. Our goal is to hire great professionals who share our mission for the community
The Vanderbilt Children's Surgery and Clinics facility (new location) will contain Multispecialty Clinics to meet the medical and surgical needs of the region. Specialties that will be provided at this location include Orthopedics, Urology, ENT, General Surgery, and other services the community needs. The facility will also contain Perioperative Services and Radiology capabilities to support the community's care needs closer to home. We look forward to a fast paced, patient centered care environment to further deepen the regional impact in our constant effort to improve the overall health of children.
Position Shift : Days
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.