Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
PRN / As Needed
Travel Required to other sites
Summary: The Orthopedic Technician I/ II works under the direct supervision of a physician or nurse practitioner, maintains patient flow, provides orthopedic patient care, and is responsible for education of patients, peers, and self.
Responsibilities: 1. Maintains patient flow, rooming and assisting patients and assisting the physician, cast application and removal, setting up and removal of traction, completes patient documentation and encounter forms, answers patient and family questions and supplies patient with proper printed material as ordered by physician.
2. Provides patient with home going instructions which may include dressing changes, exercise and crutch or walker training.
3. Responsible for education of patients, peers, and self.
4. Maintains clean patient rooms.
5. Follows OSHA / HIPAA / JCAHO regulations and guidelines at all times.
6. Other duties as required
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred
2. Positive bedside manner.
3. Understanding of prioritizing and time management skills.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required Completion of an allied health program [RN, PA, LPN, MA, Surgical Tech, Athletic Training, Paramedic, Intermediate, or EMT Basic] is preferred.
2. Certification: Current Health Care Provider BLS training is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: