Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System is seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to join the acute care team as the Rehabilitation Specialist.
The Rehabilitation Specialist applies evidence, specialized expertise and experience in the promotion of quality discipline-specific rehabilitation care.
- Perform initial and ongoing comprehensive evaluation including, but not limited to, collecting subjective and objective data, analysis of data, and creation of treatment plan.
- Administers interventions consistent with treatment plan based on evidence based best practice, provider protocol and governing standards.
- Develops system standards for discipline-specific best practice clinical care in collaboration with other clinical specialists by utilizing evidence, system initiative/need and experience.
- Facilitates clinical competence and care standardization of staff/team through education, new staff orientation, role modeling, team building, and quality monitoring.
- Provides rehabilitation consultation to staff therapists, nurses, medical staff, and other interdisciplinary colleagues.
- Conducts comprehensive rehabilitation practice assessments using known evidence-based techniques, tools, and direct and indirect methods within a specific care discipline.
- Performs system level assessments to identify variables that influence rehabilitation practice and outcomes.
- Participates on interdisciplinary teams to implement outcome-focused patient care programs meeting the clinical needs of patients, families, populations and communities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Valid license to practice occupational therapy in Idaho.
- Experience: 3 years clinical experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current CPR certification
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.