Location: Newark, Delaware
Do you want to work at one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation?
Life is full of choices, and whom you work for is one of life's most important decisions. ChristianaCare is ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation and has earned national recognition for excellence. Choose an organization that provides career advancement and the opportunity to impact health.
ChristianaCare is currently recruiting for a Rehabilitation Aide to provide support services in the Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy, and Recreational Therapy departments including equipment procurement equipment for patient discharge. This position is located at the Springside Rehabilitation Services site in Glasgow, Delaware.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Assists the therapist in treatment preparation for group or individual sessions. Sessions include, but are not limited to, hot and cold packs, routine follow-up exercises, and ambulation.
- Maintains the work area in a neat and orderly fashion, safe for patient care. Cleans and prepares equipment.
- Maintains a current inventory of supplies and equipment including wheelchairs and their adaptations.
- Assists therapists in medical equipment ordering.
- Monitors patient flow within the department; occasionally assisting with patient transport.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge to deliver care appropriate to adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- The ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs, and to provide the care needed.
Education and experience requirements:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Experience in working with adult physical disabilities
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision and other insurance benefits
- 403 (b) with an employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and phenomenal discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
If you 're inspired to make a difference, we invite you to become a ChristianaCare caregiver!